It has been 52 school days straight of making fun bento lunches for MoWabbit. I’ve learned a lot and have really enjoyed being creative for fun (and not for work). Because time doesn’t just magically appear, I traded in time that I normally would have spent on practicing ukulele, or taking a hot bath, or read, etc. in order to make fancy bento lunches. The sleeping also suffered too, because chores like laundry just isn’t going to wash/dry/fold/hang/put away themselves (my least favorite chore). Additionally, MoWabbit’s enthusiasm for the high effort lunches have declined over the last week or two.
It’s time to optimize for the outcomes:
- Fancy bento lunches will no longer be a daily thing so that:
- Bettering my ukulele playing skills becomes a priority again
- More sleep is possible again
- Making fancy bento lunches does not become and feel like a chore/no longer fun
- Posting all previous fancy bentos to this blog in details will actually happen for reals
- Fancy bento lunches will appear once a week and on special occasions or when I have the extra time to be creative, so that:
- Both myself and MoWabbit will appreciate the times fancy lunches are made
- I have more time to think about and prepare for even more awesome future bento lunches
Introducing the new normal lunch:
What do you think?